Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas

I woke up on Christmas morning with the flu! This was the first time I can ever remember being sick on Christmas...what a bummer! We had a quiet Christmas morning with just the four of us. Nick and Gabby perused the contents of their Wooden Shoes, emptied their Stockings and unwrapped their Gifts from Santa...and then their gifts from us. Santa brought each of them a digital camera....exactly what they wanted. They spent much of the day photographing everything in sight. Below, you'll see some of Nick's favorite photos. Gabby hasn't let me remove any from her camera

(she doesn't understand that I can SAVE them....I'll convince her later so I can share)




(shoes on the wrong feet! hee hee)

The unwrapping of the gifts was a blur...as my camera shows



Mom and Jack, Alvin and Anne, and Beth and Lon arrived around noon and spent the day with us. Beth made a fabulous dinner for everyone...which I slept through. They saved me a plate, though, and it was even delicious microwaved three days later. I was either huddled on the couch, asleep in bed or in the bathroom most of the day, but I did play a little bit of Rumikub and visited a little bit with everyone. I didn't comb kids' hair, didn't take a bunch of pictures...I didn't even set the dining room table in a martha-esque fashion! Chad did pretty well though, keeping things going. The kids were dressed...a little crumpled, but still dressed.

Nick and Gabby hung out in the family room a good majority of the day, playing with all their new toys. Nick received magnetix, tinker toys and k'nex so they were busy building all sorts of wonderful, imaginative creations.

I hated missing so much of the day...I was in tears over it all the next day, but I'm glad the kids Christmas was happy anyway! Luckily, they weren't sick on Christmas...but they were both down with the same bug by Wednesday....it's Friday now and the kids and I are much better...but Chad's starting to feel a bit uggy. Here we go again.

Here are a few more pictures from Christmas Eve...didn't share many in my last post as I wasn't feeling up to par. In this first one Nick is opening a toy jeep...orange w/ blue flames. Gabby is saying "I helped choose that one!" Nick is saying "Well, I LOVE it, Gabby." so cute.



Gabby and her sparkler.


Jordyn sprinkling reindeer food! (oatmeal, sugar...and some sparkling sprinkles)

The Farm Grandma's tree...five little trees all growing from the same fallen branch...a tree to represent each grandkid...even the one on the way!



All the kids with the Farm Grandma and Grampa.

Goofy Goofsters.

Oh yeah...almost forgot...I promised to share a few of Nick's favorite photos, taken with his new camera.


What a shocker. His two favs...Anne...and Anne's ring. Who'da thunked?

This is MY favorite photo of his....what a sweetie...takin' a pic of his sweet sis.




No comments: