Saturday, February 24, 2007

Just a Spoonful of Sugar


I found a new spot for photos in the house yesterday...and took a few pictures of Gabby, looking very Mary Poppins-ish in a cute vintage hat. She was soon tired of taking photos and told me so in no uncertain terms. Nick happened to wander in about then and asked "Mommy, would you like to take a picture of me?" Thrilled with the prospect of a willing subject I said "Yes! I'd love to!" The kids switched places and Nick started posing away. Gabby left the room for a bit and then came back to tell us in her most pitiful sad voice, "I'm feeling left out."
There are days when I just can't win!

Here is my little Mary Poppins...maybe a spoonful of sugar would have helped today!





And here is Nicholas in photo mode. He often has to run off just before I snap a photo to check his expression in a mirror and make sure it's what he wants!




Nick even posed his blankie for me! This is what I call "blankie on a stick"



We also enjoyed a little visit with our friends Suzanne and little Ryan yesterday. They are finally moving back to Spokane after living in Pheonix way too long! Once they are all moved back, I'll have to offer to babysit this little cutie once in a while just so I can snap his photo all day. I love these blue eyes! This is the only shot I got that was even almost in focus...I think I was too close to him (I forgot how toddlers are always walking toward the camera!)


1 comment:

Daniel Davis said...

Wow, Nick and Gabby look great!

I'm glad that Chad finally told me about the family blog.

I too hope that I can tell you that we're moving back from Phoenix, as it HAS been too long.

Daniel