Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hotels and Hiking

I haven't posted in a while...I had a difficult couple of weeks, which I may write about later, when I'm feeling up to it. We've been keeping busy, though! The kids and I went to Yakima with Chad last week. He had some work there so we tagged along to get away for a couple of days. We hung out in the hotel, watched cable, swam in the pool, lounged in the hot tub and ate from those cute little hotel boxes of cereal in the morning. Nick woke me up before 7 am asking, "Is it time to go downstairs and get some of those rainbow cheerios yet?" (fruit loops, something we never have at home!) On the way home, we stopped in the Tri-Cities and had dinner with my friend Kristi and her wonderful family. Gabby had a fabulous time playing with her girls.


Here are my little hotel t.v. zombies...







We spent most of Saturday being lazy and catching up on rest and relaxation. (As nice as it is to get away sometimes, it never seems to be as relaxing as you think it will)


Sunday, we all went on a little hike. The kids love getting out and hiking and exploring in the great outdoors...and I like tagging along and photographing them.












After the hike, we stopped at Alvin's to get our canoe. He's been storing it in his garage but now that he has a wife, he needs more parking space! We took the canoe to The Farm, stopping along the way for take n bake pizza.


Here's Nick's kissy face in the car, waiting for Daddy to get the pizza.


And Gabby at the farm with the new Farm kitty, Black as Night.


No comments: