Friday, March 23, 2007

What have we been doing lately?


I'm falling behind on my blogging!

As many of you know, I'm the co-president of my twins club so I'm often busy working on a project or event for the club. I'm also a member of the liaison commitee for the club, which is a group comprised of one or two members from each local club. We get together to discuss joint events and such. Our big clothing & equipment sale was last weekend so I was busy the week prior sorting, organizing, and pricing our outgrown clothes and toys. We set up for the sale Friday night and then spent most of Saturday working the sale. Afterwards, I had a late lunch with a few of my friends from the club....the margarita was much needed and very tasty!


Spring seems to be teasing us this year...here one minute, gone the next. The kids and I have been enjoying the small peeks of Spring weather that we've been getting...we just wish it would STAY!


Last Tuesday Gabby got a hair cut, then we headed for the library. We haven't been to the library in a while so the kids were super excited and picked out LOTS of books. I have only half a book left to read out of my pile of 5, but the kids are still working their way through their 30 books.






After checking out our massive pile of books, we headed to the park directly behind the library. It was a very windy day but the kids still had a great time. I finally had to force them to leave as my ears were hurting from all the wind.



We ended up at the same park again the next day, as I promised them, but it was still pretty windy.



Chad and I took the kids on a hike at Riverside State Park the weekend before last. Although muddy, the area was so pretty with all the new green moss coming in. When we hiked far enough into the brush and cover, we found small areas of snow and ice...but in the more open areas we founds lots of new green leaves and plants and even a few buttercups!







The kids have had a few chances to get their bikes and scooters out and are having fun racing up and down the sidewalk. Chad installed new training wheels on both bikes. Nick learned to ride without them last year when one of his broke...but now he wants them back. Gabby's have always been lopsided and wobbly and bent, so she got a new pair as well. Now they're both pleased as punch.


Of course, Spring wouldn't be Spring without a few good down and dirty worm hunts. The kids have been digging up worms like a couple of crazed Robins, which doesn't bother me until I find they've stuffed my vintage pepper jar, which I display on my windowsill, full of dirt and worms...their 'pet' worms, that is. Gross.



We've also had our share of drizzly, rainy, windy days lately...which means we're inside. We've been keeping busy with play dough and paint, computer reading games, Netflix, dress up, drawing, and more. The other day, we took our big roll of paper and unrolled strips the length of the living room and made little 'towns' on them. We covered them with roads and houses, camping spots, lakes, ponds, race tracks and more. We started with just one to share but Gabby proclaimed it too 'boyish', so we had to make another for just her. She insisted on a coffee shop and a pumpkin festibal (yes I spelled that just the way she says it) Nick's included The Farm, which he insisted was on the FAR end of the town, since he says it does take A LONG time to drive there!







I had a couple of one child days Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday Chad took Gabby to work with him. He had a day of field work planned and had taken Nick last time, so it was Gabby's turn. Unfortunately, the day was windy and Gabby had to spend a lot of time in the car. I think she still enjoyed her daddy time though. Nick and I had fun as well. We went to breakfast at Dolly's and then headed to Toys R Us to use his Christmas gift card. He was thrilled to find that $10 would buy him NINE hotwheels cars. Holy moly. We then got ourselves some coffees (Nick takes his PINK...he calls it pink coffee but it's really italian soda) and headed to the thrift store.

The next day, the Farm Grandma and Grampa called to see if Nick could spend the night at the farm. They had both Nick and cousin Mason overnight. Nick enjoyed himself and came home with stories of playing in the mud, cuts & scrapes (seems neither of those boys watches where they are running when they play tag), games of tag, race and chase and more. Gabby and I spent our alone time mostly hanging out in our quiet house. We also went to Toys R Us so she could use her Christmas gift card...$10 doesn't go as far in the girl toy section. I had to loan her $4 for a 'horse on a stick' as she calls them. She was thrilled with her new friend. Daddy had to work late that night so Gabby and I went out for dinner by ourselves...and then waited up for Daddy.

Today, the kids both seem a bit under the weather. Nick's had the sniffles for a few days and now Gabby has them...along with a fever. Right now they're resting on the couch, watching tv.


Tomorrow, I work at an auction all day and Sunday is Chad's first day of the new soccer season. Whatever you do, don't tell him to break a leg. He just might.


Oh...one more thing...I forgot about this until I was browsing through photos to add to this post...anyway, this is what Chad and the kids do while I'm at my twins club meetings....



No comments: