Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The last week or so


Feels like I haven't posted about much in a while so here is the last week or so...more or less.
Chad was in Moses lake all day and night one day last week (I can't even remember which day now) He didn't get home until midnight, but Gabby was determined to stay up and wait for him. She didn't make it...fell asleep on the couch.

The kids and I goofed around on the couch one evening...playing patty cake, tickle and everyone pile on mommy...Chad was snapping photos for a change (which is why there is only one that I'll show you! Mommy hates the other side of the camera!)

Grandma Elaine and Grampa Jack gave Gabby a new doll stroller...the one they gave her for Christmas was a temporary cheapie until the better ones were back in stock. The new one came with a baby carrier that Nicholas LOVES. I think he wore it for three days straight.


Gabby and Mommy went to Riverfront Park and watched Cheyenne at her very first skating competition! Gabby gave her a pink rose and skittles after her performance. Cheyenne placed 3rd that evening and 2nd the next day...yay!




Gabby, with baby and blankie, watch cartoons on Saturday morning...


We also did a little cleaning and organizing in the basement. Chad and Nick took a load of junk to the dump. (Nick was fascinated by the incinerator) I found this cute little owl of mine in the basement, while cleaning. I love his funny rhinestone eyes and his little birthday cake.

Later Saturday, we headed to the farm. Chad decided to install the ceiling fan in Rich and Kathy's bedroom...the one we bought them 3 or 4 years ago! The kids and I waited in the car during Chad's very long 'run' into Lowe's for supplies. I got bored and took photos...


Here are Gabby's cute horsey tights. She loves horsies.


Nick thinks if he does gross things I won't take a photo. He's actually NOT the one I usually have to scold for nose picking...


I do love his eyes in this photo...too bad he has fingers up each nostril...

should I frame it anyway?


Chad is trying to pass his addiction to Soduko on to everyone he meets. He taught his mom to play this weekend...hopefully SHE won't play it for hours while on the toilet.

Gabby on Sunday morning, watching cartoons. It's a weekend thing.


My boots...


Chad and the kids eating oatmeal on Sunday morning. We spent the night at the farm. Rich and Kathy went snowmobiling with Kip and Nancy that morning.

After breakfast, the four of us went on a little four wheel excursion through the woods. It was my first time driving a four wheeler. It was pretty fun although I noticed I don't enjoy the scenery as much when I'm driving. Luckily, Nick rode with me and he points out EVERYTHING. (He even knows which buttons I need to push)

The best part was on the straight away back to the farm...Nick got that little grin on his face and shouted up to me, "Mom! I think we're going faster than Daddy!!"

After the ride, we hung out at The Farm for a little while before heading home.

Nick playing on the floor at The Farm...with a mouthful of chocolate chips


Rolling up twine into a circular swirl takes a lot of concentration.


Playing together...


This is where I want to live someday...in a house next to that stand of trees.


We painted on Monday...





and built a house...

which brings to mind my very own little mastercard commercial...

Fisher Price Loving Family doll house .... $50

several sets of Fisher Price furniture....$14.99 each

watching them build their own house and then play with it for HOURS....priceless.

and played with the kitty...


Chad is out of town again. He left early Monday and will be back late Wednesday night. Don't feel too sorry for him. He's in Long Beach, CA for a seminar...and is driving around in his off time in a red Mustang convertible. Poor Chad.

The kids and I went to pizza with Travis and Angie and their kids, Rich and Kathy and Kip and Nancy and others on Monday night. The kids had a great time in the ball crawl and playing air hockey. I didn't bring my camera but I really wished I had when I saw their little smiley faces poking out of all those brightly colored balls. Next time...
Today, I brought the kids to Gramma Elaine's house. They're spending the night so they can wake up tomorrow and give Grampa Jack his birthday cards. Charlie, Anne's doggie, is staying with them while Alvin and Anne are on their honeymoon. Gabby, our little dr. doolittle, was thrilled to see him. I left her playing with Charlie...

And Nick playing with Legos...

Now it's just me...all alone in a quiet house...

and Netflix just sent me more Six Feet Under to watch!

No comments: