Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Chihuly

I took the kids to the Jundt Art Museum the other day. I've taken them to a few other galleries to look at paintings, and they enjoy looking through my Art books. Plus, we're always doing art projects and they spend hours drawing and coloring...but none of the art they've seen has ever completely captivated them...until now. When they walked into the main room at the Jundt and saw the Chihuly glass chandelier, they were WOWED. The chandelier is made up of over 800 pieces and is 18 feet long and 6 feet wide at the widest point. It is truly stunning.

The kids are completely obsessed with Chihuly now. We've checked out library books about him and even rented a video, which mesmerized them. I've promised them a 'tour' of a lot more of his works the next time we're in Seattle. I'm going to do a bit of research and see if I can find a local glass blowing studio we can visit...I think they'd love that.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE SHOTS!