Saturday, January 27, 2007

My weekend.


This is the closest weekend to my birthday (Jan. 29th) which makes it my birthday weekend...which means, I get to do whatever I want. Today, I wanted to go bowling! It was the kids first time and, of course, I forgot that I didn't completely charge the camera yesterday...and it died on me after only 2 photos at the bowling alley. Nick and Gabby both tried to KICK the bowling ball at least once (it must be the soccer genes from their daddy). We were at a lane with those neat bumpers on the sides for kids...so they won't throw gutter balls (although Gabby still managed to throw the ball so it jumped the bumper and ended up in the gutter...she then stepped over the line and slipped on the slippery lane and was so embarrassed she broke down in tears...poor thing!) Nick was excited on his first turn...then got frustrated and unhappy until he had a snack...then he was ready to bowl again. Gabby loved it and even got two spares! They both loved the shoes.

My first throw was a strike and I was thinking I was gonna kick some butt. Then the guy next to us started offering free advice and pointers and got me all nervous and unfocused. Chad actually beat me, which I'm embarrassed to admit (especially after all the trash talkin' I did at dinner last night) However, I DID throw a spare for him while he was in the bathroom...and he WOULD have had at LEAST one gutter ball if it weren't for the BUMPERS. So, whatever.



No comments: