Friday, January 26, 2007

Chad

Chad was visiting with his Grandma Polly on the phone New Year's Eve and I overheard him telling her about the blog....and saying "she never blogs about me, though". So this one's all about Chad. At this moment, he's sprawled out on the sofa playing with his newest obsession...Soduko. It's this little electronic numbers game. He was introduced to it a few weekends ago when we spent the weekend at my sister-in-law's family cabin and another friend brought it along. I was thinking "Gee, that'll be something I can get him for his birthday." I should have known better. He went out and bought it himself last week.
Chad also loves soccer. He plays every Sunday during the Spring, Summer and Fall. This fall he broke his leg while playing and hasn't played since. He was on an indoor league for awhile too, but has taken a break from that. Did you know that indoor soccer games can START as late as 11 pm? Most nights Chad can barely drag himself around the house after work and is usually snoring away by 9 or so....but soccer has some sort of magical charm over him. Maybe if I bought a bra with soccer ball embellished cups, he'd stay up with me at night!


Chad likes snow (I don't), he likes his 72 Blazer and Suburban and other motor related stuff (and has passed the motor-head gene onto Nick...Nick could name the TYPE of cars we passed on the road before he could tell you what COLOR they were) he likes to play cards (I usually beat him, but he'll tell you otherwise) and he never comes home from the grocery store with JUST the items on the list.

Chad is a very very very very very good Daddy. I think that's what I love the most about him. He never complains when I have a meeting or a lunch or when I plan a weekend away with the twins club. He's completely competent home alone with the kids. They adore him too, of course. Gabby is especially fond of him. She is definitely a little Daddy's girl. The kids' favorite day of the week is Saturday because that's the day Daddy doesn't have to work.


Chad's usually fairly quiet but I wouldn't call him shy. Get him talking about certain things and he'll talk your ear off. (don't ask him about a geological landmark on a road trip unless you REALLY want to know ALL about it) Also, most people don't realize just how funny he is. He can be VERY funny, which I also love about him....because I love to laugh. When he does say something funny he tries to hide his little smirk and pretend like he has no idea he is being funny.
I took these photos of Chad playing around on the 4 wheeler at the farm a few weeks ago. I love them because while I was watching him play, something about the scene reminded me of when we first started dating. For a moment we were ten years younger and I had no idea he'd never get my order right at the Drive-thru and he'd always toss his dirty shirt on the dining room chair after work...I was just watching him in girly awe as he did some terribly attractive 'guy thing', and thinking how lucky I was that he was "mine".





No comments: