Thursday, September 3, 2009

Second Graders

I keep telling myself I'll become better at blogging on a regular basis...but it doesn't seem to happen. I'll start trying harder (again). We had a great summer, but September came much too early (for me anyway, the kids were excited to get back to school). I can't believe they are SECOND GRADERS already. Seems like just yesterday we were oblivious to when school started or ended and our summers lasted as long as the sunny weather did.
I miss those days.
Here's a few photos of Nicholas and Gabby on their first day of Second Grade. They said their day was, "AWESOME!"
(I missed them all day and cried all the way home from dropping them off that morning)




Awe...they love each other!

Their skinny little legs look even more bird-like below those hulking backpacks!
(packpacks, as Nicholas says)

Here they are as little preschoolers...all the way up to big 2nd graders.


School wasn't the only thing happening on September 1st. Nicholas and Gabby also had their first soccer practices! Nick's practice was at a park very near our house at 5:15 to 6. Gabby's practice started at 6...at a park 15 minutes away! Chad was (and still is) out of town. Thank goodness Grandma Elaine came to the rescue and brought Gabby to practice and stayed until I could meet them. Here they are at practice, which they LOVED, by the way!







Nicholas was thrilled to get his first soccer jersey and put it on AS SOON AS WE GOT IN THE CAR to go to Gabby's practice! He insisted on wearing it to school the next day as well! (I think he might be more excited about the uniform than he is about actually playing soccer!)
He picked number 8...I think next year he'll want number 9...just a hunch.





Gabby's team didn't get their jerseys yet...but we hear they are GOLDEN in color. Gabby is thrilled by this. The color is actually described as "Vegas Gold"...should be interesting
(and right up Gabby's alley!)

No comments: