Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sneaky Sneakster



When I rolled out of bed this morning, Nicholas had been up for a short while already. I came out of my bedroom to find him waiting for me, gazing up at me with the
sweetest little smile ever.
Of course, I immediately asked him "what did you do?"
He assured me he'd been doing "nothing" and a quick glance around reassured me that, in fact, he hadn't done anything. Several minutes later a sleepy eyed Gabby tumbled out of bed and, remembering it was her turn to open a box on the Advent Calender, parked herself directly in front of it. Turning my attention to the calendar I was shocked at how few days I had to prepare for Christmas...wait...what? Where is the 23 box? and the 24? and the 15? and what? is the 19 missing too? I turned to Nicholas "where are they?" he sheepisly pointed to the orange fleecy pile that was his blankie, sitting innocently on a stool in my office. Sure enough, hidden in it's fleecy folds were the contents of the four boxes. He remained mute regarding the whereabouts of the boxes themselves until I wondered aloud "Gee, wonder what Santa would think of this?" At this point he quickly retreived them from their mystery residence. The boxes and their contents are now back in place on the calendar but the surprise they held is now...well, not so suprising. That's ok, though, Nick and Gabby have already located the 'deeee-rections' for the calendar and discovered who/what was in each box.
I think we've produced a couple of 'gift shakers'...Chad will swear those are my genes.


Look closer...do you see the signs of tampering?

No comments: